If you’re part of the lucky Sunday morning crew you’re very familiar with Rock n’ Roll music playing, chill Sunday morning coaching, and the best hair in the game, Coach Tom!
Tom has been coaching for us here at The Port for 4 years and has claimed Sunday mornings and people simply just love that time of the week! If you’ve yet to sign up for one of his classes, we strongly encourage you to. Maybe, bring along a Dunkin Donut’s coffee for Tom on your way over.
1. First, tell us about how you got started with CrossFit? How did you end up with us at the Port?
I was doing home workouts for a year where I would find videos online of which many were put out by CrossFit. I finally had enough of working out alone and was looking for a CrossFit gym that was open on Wednesdays and Sundays. My time was limited with three kids under 4 and these were my only days I could get away. The Port had those days available so I went to check them out. I was hooked with such a great group of coaches and members, and I already knew Sophie since she was my son’s gymnastics coach way back when and she is the best.
2. What is your favorite part about being a coach?
I love to talk and learn about all the members who come to my classes. I get to see them progress and get more fit and healthy. It’s awesome that I get to be a part of that.
3. What are some things you love to do outside of the gym?
I love being by the water; the beach or a lake, it doesn’t matter. I also love hanging with the family and the dog.
4. If you were an existing or new color addition to the crayon box, what would you be and why?
Mellow Yellow because I am a pretty chill person.
5. If we had a Port Karaoke Night, what would be your song of choice?
September by JT not Earth, Wind, & Fire.
6. Tell us something you’ve done, somewhere you’ve been or seen, that we might not know about you!
I have been to the place where it all started and stood in front of the tree of life.